Mother’s Day is right around the corner. It’s time to start thinking about what you can get for your own mom and mother-in-law to show your apparition and love. It’s also time to start dropping hints to your hubby about what you want. You’ve been quarantined with his kids 24/7 for the past two months, so you deserve something good! Am I right?!
I’ve compiled a Mother’s Day gift guide consisting of twenty gifts that any mom would be excited to receive. Half of the items I personally have and love while the other half is on my wish list…hint hint Jason:) I’ve included many gift ideas that can be purchased from small businesses, since it’s so important to support them, especially during this time. I’ve also tried to include items in a variety of price points to fit any budget.
First up, here are the ten items that I personally own and love! These are all things I would happily purchase for myself again if I needed to, and I think most moms would be really happy to receive them them.
1. Erin Condren Life Planner– if you’ve followed me for any length of time you know I can’t function without my planner. My favorite for many years has been the Erin Condren life planner. They released the new design for 2020-2021 this week, and I’ve already placed my order. While I realize a planner currently serves no purpose (hello social distancing), life will return to normal soon and be busier than ever. If you would like $10 off your first order, you can use this link.
2. Beadboard Drying Rack– I feel like I spend half my life doing laundry. One of the best gifts I have ever gotten was this drying rack for my laundry room. It has made my life so much easier and my laundry room so much more manageable. I have the double board, but there are several different size options to fit any space.
3. Quay Sunglasses– these sunglasses are some of my all-time favorites. I have several pairs. Quay has great prices, but to make it even better they always run awesome sales.
4.Lululemon Align Leggings– my mommy wardrobe consists of legging 90% of the time. These are my favorite. They are buttery soft and perfect for everyday wear, traveling, or even working out.
5. A Book– if your mom enjoys reading like I do, a good book is the perfect gift. Firefly Lane is one of my all-time favorite books. It’s about friendship and motherhood, and I think all moms would enjoy it.
6. Woman’s Slip-On Sandals– I’ve owned these sandals since last summer and they are still a favorite. They were really inexpensive, but have held up great. They also come in many different colors. I highly recommend them, especially since summer is quickly approaching. NOTE: The exact pair in the picture are sold out, so I have linked similar ones.
7. Barefoot Dreams– this brand is one of my all-time favorites for cozy loungewear. If you’ve never tried it, put it on your wish list. It is the softest and most comfortable clothing item you will ever put on. I have several sweaters and the robe, but I’m hoping to get the lounge pants and blanket soon.
8. Nest Candle Set– I love candles. There is something about walking into a room that smells nice that makes me so happy. Nest candles are some of the best I’ve ever received. This gift set is great because you get to try out four different scents. NOTE: I’ve linked a different gift set since the one I originally posted about is not currently available.
9.Le Creuset Dutch Oven- If you like to cook then you will love this pot. Le Creuset is one of the best pots on the market, for a reason. They are of amazing quality, cook your food evenly, and very heavy duty. They come in lots of colors, sizes, and shapes, so you can find a pot for whatever you are looking for.
10. Fab Fit Fun– this subscription box is one of my all-time favorites. It’s the perfect mix of beauty, lifestyle and fashion. I have been getting it for many years and have never been disappointed. This is the gift that keeps on giving because the box comes four times a year!
Next up are 10 items that are on my wish list. These are all things that I’ve been eyeing for a while or that I have heard great things about from others.
1.Con Air Handheld Steamer– This item has been on my wishlist for a while. I hate to iron and would love this to use when my clothes are wrinkly.
2. Paint by Numbers Canvas– This adult paint by numbers was recommended to me by my cousin and is at the top of my wish list. The kit comes with everything you need: a canvas, paint, and brushes! This Etsy site has over 100 different paintings to choose from, so there is something for everyone.
4.Gift Certificates- When social distancing is over I have a long list of pamper appointments I’d love to make. Hair, mani/pedi, massages, eyebrows, facials…the possibilities are endless! Support your favorite local businesses who might be out of work at the moment by purchasing gift cards you can use as soon as life goes back to normal.
5. Personalized Necklace– I had a necklace with my kid’s initials that I loved and wore daily. One of my kids (who will remain nameless) ripped it off my neck and broke it. They sell them in many different places, but this is the one I’ve been eyeing that has the entire name.
6. Baby Foot Exfoliant Foot Peel– With summer quickly approaching that means lots of sandals. I don’t know about you but my lack of access to pedicures has left my feet in pretty rough shape. I’ve heard amazing things about this peel from friends, and I’m dying to try it ASAP! I actually just received this as a gift from my mom, so I’ll update as soon as I try it!
7. Apple Air Pods- I don’t know about you, but I use my headphones a lot. When I’m working out, on a zoom meeting for work, or listening to an audiobook or podcast while getting ready, or cooking dinner. Sometimes you just need to drown out the background noise. I’ve held off on buying these for a while, but I think it’s time I join the Air Pod club.
8. Meat and Cheese Board– Charcuterie boards seem to be all the rage these days, so a pretty board is a great gift for the mom who loves to entertain. Wouldn’t this go great with the wine subscription? I absolutely love the one I have linked from Anthropologie.
9. Nordstrom Trunk Club– A clothing subscription service is something I have wanted for a while. Since having kids, my wardrobe has been severely lacking. I just don’t have the time to shop for myself like I used to. There are several great clothing subscription services that deliver customized boxes to your door. Other great options are Stitch Fix and Rent the Runway.
10. Too Face Natural Face Pallet- Makeup is always a gift I’m happy to receive because I’m a beauty junkie. This blush, bronzer, and highlighting pallet has been on my wish list for a while. It looks perfect for summer and traveling.
I hope you find some of these Mother’s Day gift guide suggestions helpful. Let me know if you have any of these items or if there is something on your wish list that I need to look into!
For even more ideas and recommendations make sure you are following me on Instagram and check out the “gift guide” section on my blog. I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing Mother’s Day! Thanks for reading!